J.A.K Marketing is committed to the protection and preservation of the world’s ecosystem. By undertaking our productivity and operations in a responsible and sustainable manner, we recognise that reducing the environmental impact of our activities is very important. We will strive to achieve environmental excellence within the veterinary industry and will continue to work closely with our employees and commercial partners to establish and follow the principles of our ThinkGreen policy.
J.A.K Marketing’s principles and practices to achieve resource conservation, waste reduction, and sustainability overall are as summarised below:
- Comply with mandatory requirements and conduct our activities and operate our facilities within applicable environmental laws and regulations
- Conserve energy and other natural resources
- Encourage employees to use public transport
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle to reduce waste
- Minimise the production of hazardous waste
- Adopt green procurement practices
- Continue to review and minimise the impacts of our activities
- Turn off lights when not in use and use natural light when possible.
- Turn off, not just log off, all computers, terminals, speakers and other office equipment at the end of every work day.
- Activate the power down features on your computer and monitor to enter into a low-power or sleep mode when not in use.
- Unplug equipment that drains energy even when not in use (e.g., Heaters, fans, coffee machines, desktop printers, radios).
- Encourage replacement light bulbs to be replaced with eco-friendly halogen or LED equivelents.
- Utilise video conferencing and conference calls as an alternative to travel when possible.
- Running of heating systems to set HSE advised working temperature.
Reduction of Materials Consumption
- Avoid using paper by distributing and storing documents electronically.
- Print and photocopy only what you need and double side your jobs when possible.
- Tell staff and colleagues that you prefer double-sided documents.
- Use the back side of old documents for faxes, scrap paper, or drafts.
Reduce Fossil Fuel Consumption and Air Pollution
- Use carpools or van pools, when possible, over single use cars.
Minimise Waste and Increase Recycling
- Use durable reusable drinks containers, plates, and utensils.
- Reduce the amount of toner in documents that will be printed when possible.
- Print documents in black and white or grey scale whenever possible.
- Recycle paper, paper products, plastic, binders, folders, catalogues, boxes, bottles, cans, batteries, electronics, toner and ink cartridges
- Plans for implementing such recycling will be developed by management on an annual basis.
Minimise Toxics and Hazardous Waste
- Not pour toxic or hazardous substances down the drain.
- Reduce the use of toxic chemicals and use fewer toxic alternatives wherever possible.
- Purchase chemicals in the smallest quantities needed to avoid over-ordering.
- Dispose of hazardous chemicals appropriately and in accordance with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
Commitment to Green Purchasing
- Purchase recycled copier and printer paper.
- Purchase office supplies and furniture that contain the highest percentage of recycled and non-toxic content whenever possible.
- Purchase Energy Star rated office equipment.